Saturday 5 December 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Hand and Moses Flesher.
Random Harvest, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1942 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Robert Hand: American astrologer, one of the most respected of the 20th century for his books, articles, lectures and research.
- Moses Flesher: American employee of C&H Sugar Co in Crockett, CA.
- Gemma Jones: Actress.
- Randy Kirby in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Randy - Girl From UNCLE).
- Daniel Revenu
- Jock Delves Broughton: British noble (Born 1883).
- CFL Grey Cup: Tor beats Win RCAF, 8 -5 at Toronto
- Seyss-Inquart orders students in Nazi-Germany to go work.
- West Indies chocolate/coffee drop above Netherlands.