Thursday 13 June 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David S. Rose and Timothy Busfield.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while In The Court Of Public Opinion by Alger Hiss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1957 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Timothy Busfield: Actor.
- David S. Rose: Businessman.
- Ronald Ardoin: American jockey and agent.
- Ron Areshenkoff: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Mossie Carroll: Irish hurler and manager.
- Roy Cooper: American lawyer and politician 48th North Carolina Attorney General.
- Bruce Flowers: American basketball player.
- Andrzej Morozowski: Polish journalist and author.
- Dicky Thompson: American golfer.
- Mayflower II from Plymouth, England, reaches Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Ted Williams becomes first American League member to have two three-home run games in a season.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?