Wednesday 13 June 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Forbes Nash and Li Ka-shing.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1928 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- John Forbes Nash
- Li Ka-shing
- Giacomo Biffi: Italian ecclesiastic, a Cardinal in the Roman Catholic church.
- Jean Villain: Writer.
- John Nash: American mathematician and Nobel Prize winner 1994.
- Renée Morisset: Canadian pianist (d. 2009).
- Damaso Ledesma: Composer, dies at 60.