Monday 13 June 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Callow and Christy Mihos.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1949 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Simon Callow: London, England -- Actor (Good Father).
- Christy Mihos: American businessman and politician.
- Thierry Sabine: Motorcycle racer, founder and main organizer of Paris-Dakar.
- Dennis Locorriere: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show).
- Ulla Schmidt: German educator and politician German Federal Minister of Health.
- Red Symons: English-Australian guitarist actor and radio host (Skyhooks)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 June 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Room Full Of Roses - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Frank Sinatra - Some Enchanted Evening
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- The Hucklebuck - Frank Sinatra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?