Sunday 13 October 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack MacGowran and Robert Hudson Walker.
Shoulder Arms, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1918 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Jack MacGowran: Dublin, Ireland -- Actor (King Lear, Exorcist).
- Robert Hudson Walker: American actor (d. 1951).
- Lawrence Lightner: American military, a major general.
- Robert Walker: American actor who made a film debut in "Bataan," 1943, followed by "Since You Went Away," and "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo," 1944.
- Gerrit Engelke: German writer (Briefer der Liebe).
- Mehmed Talat Pasha and the Young Turk (C.U.P.) ministry resign and sign an armistice, ending Ottoman participation in World War I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?