Sunday 13 October 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Walker and Lawrence Scott Lightner.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1918 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Robert Walker: American actor who made a film debut in "Bataan," 1943, followed by "Since You Went Away," and "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo," 1944.
- Lawrence Scott Lightner
- Jack MacGowran: Dublin, Ireland -- Actor (King Lear, Exorcist).
- Robert Hudson Walker: American actor (d. 1951).
- Lawrence Lightner: American military, a major general.
- Gerrit Engelke: German writer (Briefer der Liebe).
- Mehmed Talat Pasha and the Young Turk (C.U.P.) ministry resign and sign an armistice, ending Ottoman participation in World War I.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis