Saturday 14 April 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tuilaepa Aiono Sailele Malielegaoi and Ritchie Blackmore.
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1945 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Tuilaepa Aiono Sailele Malielegaoi: 8th Prime Minister of Samoa.
- Ritchie Blackmore: British guitarist, best-known for his work with Deep Purple, 1968-1975 and 1985-1993.
- Uwe Beyer: German DR, shot-putter (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Roger Frappier: Canadian actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Tuilaepa Malielegaoi: Samoan economist and politician 8th Prime Minister of Samoa.
- American planes bombed Tokyo and damaged the Imperial Palace
- Arnhem / Zwolle freed from Nazis
- US 7th Army and allies forces captured Nuremberg and Stuttgart in Germany
- US forces conquered Motobu peninsula on Okinawa
- US marines attack Yae Take on Okinawa, Japan.
- American B-29 make incendiary raids on Tokyo, Japan, and damage the Imperial Palace.
- WWII: The Canadian First Army assumes military control of the Netherlands where German forces are trapped in the Atlantic wall fortifications along the coastline.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?