Thursday 14 December 1939US date format: 12/14/1939, UK date format: 14/12/1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 14, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marilyn Cooper in New York City and Ernest Davis.
Judge Hardy and Son, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1939 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Ernest Davis: 1st black to win Heisman Trophy (1961).
- Marilyn Cooper in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Broadway Bound,...
- Charles House: American pro astrologer with a large...
- Ernie Davis: American football player (Born 1939).
- Ann Cryer: English academic and politician.
- Soviet Union attacks Finland-League of Nations drops Soviet Union
- Winter War: The Soviet Union is expelled from the League of Nations for invading Finland.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bluebirds in the Moonlight - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- In an Old Dutch Garden (By an Old Dutch Mill) - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
- Faithful Forever - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- All the Things You Are - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra