Tuesday 14 December 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Doctor Who: The Adventure Games or Distant Worlds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 14 December 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 December
- The Philippine government says it will attempt to end the long-running communist insurgency ampquotwithin three yearsampquot, as it announces a resumption of peace talks with rebels. (''Straits Times'')
- Receivers of the Pike River Mine on the South Island of New Zealand lay off 114 workers following the closure of the mine after the Pike River Mine disaster. (News Limited)
- Ireland's parliament approved a controversial budget package at the behest of the International Monetary Fund, aimed at shoring up Ireland's banks while getting the country's budget deficit within European Union limits. (CNBC)
- At least 20 people are killed in a garment factory fire near the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka. (''Times of India'')
- Japan protests a visit by First Deputy Prime Minister of Russia, Igor Shuvalov, to the disputed Kunashiri and Etorofu islands. (Xinhua)
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees urges Cambodia to allow more time to resettle Vietnamese refugees after it announced the closure of a refugee camp. (''Straits Times'')
- Foreign ministers from the European Union say they would recognise a Palestinian state ampquotwhen appropriateampquot. (BBC)
- Former Nepalese Crown Prince Paras is detained for attempted murder after allegedly firing a gun during a drunken row in a restaurant. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of the Philippines acquits Hubert Webb and six others of the controversial Vizconde massacre by a vote 7–4 with four justices abstaining. (ABS-CBN News)
- Julian Assange is to be released on bail of £240,000 GBP. (BBC)
- At least 30 Sudanese women are arrested after holding a protest march over a video that allegedly shows a policeman whipping a woman. (Reuters)
- The Russian government is to continue plans to build a controversial motorway through the Khimki Forest. (RIA Novosti)
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez annouces plans to pass laws by decree for the next six to eighteen months, amid concern from the opposition. (Al Jazeera)
- Michael Somare steps down as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea for an upcoming leadership tribunal. Deputy Prime Minister Sam Abal becomes Prime Minister during the trial. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Italian politics
- The Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi narrowly survives (314 to 311) a no-confidence vote in the parliament moved by Gianfranco Fini. A formal complaint about Mr Berlusconi allegedly trying to buy votes is being investigated. (BBC)
- Violent protests occur in Rome following the vote. (BBC)
- General Hwang Eui-don, the chief of the South Korean Army, resigns. (BBC)
- Supporters of Ivory Coast presidential aspirant Alassane Ouattara conduct a mass protest over the results of the recent presidential election. (Reuters Via Alert Net)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 December 2010
Division 2Football (France)
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Laval : 3 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Dundee - Cowdenbeath : 3 - 0
- Dunfermline - Partick : 0 - 0
- Ross County - Morton : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Peterhead - Airdrie Utd : 5 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Elgin - Albion Rvs : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?