Thursday 9 December 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
How Do You Know, directed by James L. Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle Crashers or Dark Void.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 9 December 2010 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 December
- After popular demonstrations Haiti orders an immediate recount of the disputed result of its presidential election. (BBC)
- Dame Helen Mirren, speaking as she received an award in Beverly Hills, USA, criticises the intentions of Hollywood filmmakers who ampquotworship at the altar of the 18- to 25-year-old male and his penisampquot. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Governor of the U.S. state of Florida Charlie Crist posthumously pardons Jim Morrison, the lead singer of The Doors, for indecent exposure. (BBC)
- An hour-long live episode of ''Coronation Street'' is broadcast on the soap opera's 50th anniversary. (BBC)
- Calisto Tanzi, the founder and former chief executive of multinational food corporation Parmalat, is sentenced to 18 years imprisonment for fraud. (Dow Jones via the Australian)
- Long-term unemployment sharply rises in Ireland. (''The Belfast Telegraph'')
- A stretch of beach in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, re-opens after a series of shark attacks. (AP)
- Floods across South America: Panama experiences its heaviest ever rains, with the Panama Canal shut for the first time due to weather. Millions of people are affected across the region, and there are deaths, including in Colombia and Venezuela. (Al Jazeera)
- Residents are ordered to evacuate from the Australian city of Queanbeyan with Steve Whan, the New South Wales Minister for Emergency Services, declaring it a natural disaster area due to flooding. (ABC News)
- The African Union suspends Côte d'Ivoire following the disputed presidential election. (BBC)
- India is to complain to the United States after its ambassador, Meera Shankar, was pulled from a security line and patted down at an airport. (BBC)
- United States diplomatic cables leak:
- Thousands of WikiLeaks supporters launch further and more intense denial-of-service attack against companies who have blacklisted the website. (''The Guardian'')
- Newly released cables report that oil giant Royal Dutch Shell had ampquotaccess to everythingampquot inside ampquotall relevant ministriesampquot of the Nigerian government. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Newly released cables reveal close U.S. monitoring of Chinese ties with Africa and the American belief that the Chinese are ampquota very aggressive and pernicious economic competitor with no moralsampquot in their dealings with the Africans. (''Times LIVE'')
- Australia – United States relations:
- Australian Sports Minister Mark Arbib is named as a confidential source for the U.S. embassy, passing on information on the Australian Government. Melbourne Ports MP Michael Danby and former MP Bob McMullan have also contacted the embassy. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- U.S. diplomats are reported to have observed in detail the rise of Julia Gillard, praising her for losing Labor Left allegiances and expressing the confident belief she would become Prime Minister of Australia over 8 months before she deposed Kevin Rudd. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- World media reaction to the diplomatic cables:
- European media express disagreement with the fierce U.S. response to the release of the cables. (''The New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- The Sex Is Good - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Apps that work wonders by making life easier and more fun. [..]
The Committee of European Banking Supervisors is voting Thursday and Friday on revised pay rules for the European Union’s financial sector. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.36
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $93.43
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $78.14
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.78
- 1 CHF = 6.7698 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5868 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9726 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.547 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?