Saturday 18 December 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 18, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madeline DeMarcus .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Little Fockers, directed by Paul Weitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front or Dood's Big Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 18 December 2010 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Madeline DeMarcus: American child born to noted parents, her dad is Jay DeMarcus, a member of country band Rascal Flatts and her mom is Allison DeMarcus, a former Miss Tennessee.
- Governmental protests begin in Tunisia, beginning the 2010-2011 Middle East and North Africa protests
- Around 140 prisoners break out of jail in Nuevo Laredo, northern Mexico. (UPI)
- Teams of militants assaulted the Afghan army in the north of the country and in the capital, killing at least 16 members of the security forces. (Xinhua)
- An Israeli air-strike in the Gaza Strip kills five Palestinian militants according to Palestinian sources Israel says they were attempting to fire missiles into Israel. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The United States' unemployment rate rises in 21 states, the highest number to report an increase since August. It falls in 15 states. (''Washingtion Times'')
- Bank of America bans Wikileaks payments as a result of news of an upcoming release of information on banks in the United States that could leave an impact. (''New York Post'')
- At least 30 people drown after a boat capsizes in northeastern Bangladesh. (''Times of India'')
- A Chinese fishing boat capsizes during a scuffle with a South Korean coastguard ship, leaving one dead and two missing. (Channel News Asia)
- Roads, railways and airports across the United Kingdom are severely affected by further heavy snowfall. Severe weather warnings have been issued for many areas. (BBC)
- Ivory Coast crisis:
- Kenya calls on African nations to oust Ivory Coast incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo from office, by force if necessary, if he does not step down. (Al Jazeera)
- Incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo orders United Nations peackeepers to leave the country. (BBC)
- South Korean military officials say they will proceed with planned live-fire artillery drills from an island bombarded by North Korea last month, despite threats of retaliation. (BBC)
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrives for a working visit in Pakistan and meets with Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani. (''The Hindu'')
- A PRC fishing boat collided with a South Korea coastguard ship causing an incident near Eocheong island (''Yahoo'')
- Nigeria agrees to drop corruption charges against Dick Cheney and Halliburton in exchange for a $250 million settlement. (Business Week)
- Hundreds of people, including nationalists, are arrested in the Russian capital Moscow in an attempt to prevent an outbreak of ethnic violence. (RIA Novosti)
- The United States Senate repeals ampquotDon't Ask Don't Tellampquot by a vote of 65-35. The bill will now be sent to President Barack Obama to be signed. (New York Times)
- An Italian court grants Amanda Knox a review of the forensic evidence used to convict her of the 2007 murder of British student Meredith Kercher. (BBC)
- The Venezuelan parliament temporarily grants more powers to President Hugo Chávez in the wake of recent flooding, allowing him to pass laws by decree without the support of the National Assembly. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 December 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Cesena - Cagliari : 1 - 0
- Milan - Roma : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Eupen - Charleroi : 1 - 0
- Lierse - Genk : 1 - 1
- Waregem - Westerlo : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Dortmund : 1 - 0
- Nurnberg - Hannover : 3 - 1
- Schalke 04 - FC Koln : 3 - 0
- St Pauli - Mainz : 2 - 4
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Hertha : 1 - 1
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Greuther Furth : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- The Sex Is Good - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?