Monday 20 December 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 20, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Nine Dead, directed by Chris Shadley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chu's Dynasty or Apache: Air Assault.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 December 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 December
- 7 people are killed in a roadside bomb and shooting incident in the Somali capital Mogadishu. (Reuters)
- A bomb exploded at a downtown bus station in Kenya's capital as passengers boarded a bus, killing at least one person and wounding up to 39 others, police said. Suspicions centered on a Somali militant group. (News 13)
- The Republic of Korea Marine Corps holds live-fire drill exercises on Yeonpyeong Island. North Korea says it will not retaliate. (Xinhua)
- 13 Afghan soldiers were killed in two separate suicide attacks launched by Taliban in the capital city of Afghanistan. (TRT)
- Pope Benedict XVI discusses sexual abuse of children by priests while dining with cardinals and bishops at his traditional Christmas audience. (AFP via ''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- Social network chief Mark Zuckerberg is photographed meeting CEO of Chinese search engine Baidu Robin Li, in Beijing, China. (Inquirer via AFP)
- The European Central Bank worries about its ability to provide further financial assistance to eurozone members due to flawed legislation. (BBC)
- Heathrow Airport in London reopens after a weekend of heavy snowfall. (Al Jazeera)
- GM completes $2.1 billion purchase of stock held by U.S. Treasury . (Business Today)
- Estimates of the death toll resulting from the boat disaster off Christmas Island rise as high as 48. (ABC News Australia)
- At least 26 people are killed and several others are injured when a bus carrying tourists from Thailand overturns in Malaysia. (Thai News Agency)
- Three people were killed and 23 wounded in a bomb attack on a bus in central Nairobi, Kenya. (AFP via ''Sydney Daily Telegraph'')
- A 6.5 magnitude earthquake hits southeastern Iran, near Bam with at least eleven people dead and hundreds injured. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev sets off for India for a two-day official visit to sign trade deals. (BBC)
- North Korea agrees with United States troubleshooter Bill Richardson to permit the return of United Nations nuclear inspectors. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- Israel orders all of their foreign envoys to thwart Palestinian attempts to draft a UN resolution with the aims of recognition of Palestinian and to pressure Israel to stop settling its citizens within Palestine. (Haaretz)
- Russia warns the U.S. that a renegotiation of the Start treaty may lead to the pact's destruction. (BBC)
- Indonesia jails six people on terrorism charges for involvement with the ampquotAl-Qaeda in Acehampquot group. (''The Straits Times'')
- David Paterson, Governor of New York, is fined $62,125 for accepting free gifts from a registered lobbyist—the New York Yankees. (Reuters)
- Iranian director Jafar Panahi is sentenced to six years imprisonment for making a film ampquotagainst the regime.ampquot (Time)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 December 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Union Berlin - Karlsruhe : 3 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Santander - Hercules : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Havre - Nantes : 0 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man City - Everton : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Y No Regresas - Juanes
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.27
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $91.25
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.38
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.73
- 1 CHF = 6.9145 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5632 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9488 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.632 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?