Friday 14 February 1919, Valentine's DayUS date format: 2/14/1919, UK date format: 14/2/1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Dechartre and Grant Timmerman.
Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1919 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Philippe Dechartre: French member of the resistance in World War II, and later a politician.
- Grant Timmerman: American military.
- United Parcel Service forms.
- The Polish-Soviet War begins.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Garibaldi's Hymn - Enrico Caruso
- Marche Lorraine - French Army Band
- Cohen on His Honeymoon - Monroe Silver
- Till We Meet Again - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell