Thursday 6 February 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Takashi Yanase .
Hard Boiled, directed by Victor L. Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1919 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Takashi Yanase: Japanese poet and illustrator created Anpanman (d. 2013).
- Friedrich W Mengelberg German sculptor/painter: dies at age 81.
- 1st day of 5-day Seattle general strike
- The Seattle General Strike begins. Over 65,000 workers strike.
- Friedrich Ebert is elected President of Germany.
- The Seattle General Strike ends when Federal troops are summoned by the State of Washington's Attorney General.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 February 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?