Thursday 6 February 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Takashi Yanase .
Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 February 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1919 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Takashi Yanase: Japanese poet and illustrator created Anpanman (d. 2013).
- Friedrich W Mengelberg German sculptor/painter: dies at age 81.
- 1st day of 5-day Seattle general strike
- The Seattle General Strike begins. Over 65,000 workers strike.
- Friedrich Ebert is elected President of Germany.
- The Seattle General Strike ends when Federal troops are summoned by the State of Washington's Attorney General.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back - John McCormack
- Old Folks at Home - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartette
- Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra - Mary