Thursday 6 February 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Takashi Yanase .
Hard Boiled, directed by Victor L. Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1919 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Takashi Yanase: Japanese poet and illustrator created Anpanman (d. 2013).
- Friedrich W Mengelberg German sculptor/painter: dies at age 81.
- 1st day of 5-day Seattle general strike
- The Seattle General Strike begins. Over 65,000 workers strike.
- Friedrich Ebert is elected President of Germany.
- The Seattle General Strike ends when Federal troops are summoned by the State of Washington's Attorney General.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?