Monday 24 February 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 24, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Kitchener and Alan Hugh.
Yankee Doodle in Berlin, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1919 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Alan Hugh: Iliffe psychologist.
- Earl Kitchener: of Khartoum.
- Betty Marsden: English comedy actress (d. 1998).
- Arpad Bogsch: Hungarian turned American international civil servant (d. 2004).
- Nellie Connally: American newsmaker, the First Lady of Texas from 1963 to 1969.
- John Warnecke: American architect, he designed the Arlington Cemetery gravesite of President John F. Kennedy.
- Jean Soissons: Bar le Duc Military man.
- Josephine McGill composer: dies at age 41.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Goodbye, France - Peerless Quartet
- Goodbye, France - Nora Bayes
- Would You Rather be a Colonel with an Eagle on Your Shoulder or a Private with a Chicken on Your Kne - Arthur Fields
- Don't Cry, Little Gril, Don't Cry - Henry Burr