Tuesday February 25, 1919
US date format: 2/25/1919, UK date format: 25/2/1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 25, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Karl Pribram and Anthony Nelson Page.
Hole in the Wall, directed by Adam Elias Buncher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 25, 1919?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- See more
- Oregon is first state to tax gasoline (1 cent per gallon).
- League of Nations set up by Paris Treaty.
- Oregon places a one cent per US gallon (0.26¢/liter) tax on gasoline, becoming the first U.S. state to levy a gasoline tax.
- Josef Christiaens: Belgian racing driver (Born 1879).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 25, 1919?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - Don't Cry, Little Gril, Don't Cry
- Arthur Fields - Would You Rather be a Colonel with an Eagle on Your Shoulder or a Private with a Chicken on Your Kne
- Nora Bayes - Goodbye, France
- Peerless Quartet - Goodbye, France