Wednesday 5 February 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Red Buttons [Aaron Chwatt] and Andrea George Papandreou Greek premier (1981-89.
Hard Boiled, directed by Victor L. Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1919 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Red Buttons [Aaron Chwatt]: Bronx, New York -- Comedian / actor (Sayonara).
- Andrea George Papandreou Greek premier (1981-89: 1993-).
- Tim Holt: American noted family, an actor and the son of cowboy star Tim Holt, Sr.
- Andreas Papandreou: Greek politician who served as Prime Minister of Greece longer than any other in modern Greece, eight consecutive years which almost coincided with the term of Ronald Reagan.
- Paul Daude: Rieutord de Randon physician.
- Red Buttons: American actor and singer (d. 2006)
- Kenneth Hare: Canadian climatologist and academic (Born 1919)
- Vasili V Rozanov Russian philosopher/writer: dies at age 62.
- NL President John Heydler dismisses charges that Hal Chase bet against his team and threw games in collusion with gamblers
- Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, and D.W. Griffith launch United Artists film studio in the USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?