Wednesday 5 February 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 5, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andreas Papandreou and Red Buttons.
Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 February 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1919 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Andreas Papandreou: Greek politician who served as Prime Minister of Greece longer than any other in modern Greece, eight consecutive years which almost coincided with the term of Ronald Reagan.
- Red Buttons: American actor and singer (d. 2006).
- Tim Holt: American noted family, an actor and the son of cowboy star Tim Holt, Sr.
- Red Buttons [Aaron Chwatt]: Bronx, New York -- Comedian / actor (Sayonara).
- Kenneth Hare: Canadian climatologist and academic (Born 1919).
- Vasili V Rozanov Russian philosopher/writer: dies at age 62.
- NL President John Heydler dismisses charges that Hal Chase bet against his team and threw games in collusion with gamblers
- Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, and D.W. Griffith launch United Artists film studio in the USA.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back - John McCormack
- Old Folks at Home - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartette
- Mary - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra