Wednesday 26 February 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rie Mastenbroek and Beppie Nooij.
Ingeborg Holm, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1919 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Rie Mastenbroek: Dutch swimmer and coach (d. 2003).
- Beppie Nooij: Actress / director (Bluejackets-Rooie Sien).
- Mason Adams New York City: New York; actor (Charlie Hume-Lou Grant, Deadliest Season).
- Luc-Andre Marcel: composer.
- Anne Yeats: Irish painter and stage designer.
- Acadia National Park established (as Lafayette National Park), Maine.
- An act of the U.S. Congress establishes most of the Grand Canyon as a United States National Park (see Grand Canyon National Park).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sterling Trio - Dreaming of Home, Sweet Home
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Riccardo Stracciari
- A Little Birch Canoe and You - Olive Kline
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?