Wednesday 26 February 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rie Mastenbroek and Mason Adams New York City.
Yankee Doodle in Berlin, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 February 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1919 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Rie Mastenbroek: Dutch swimmer and coach (d. 2003).
- Mason Adams New York City: New York; actor (Charlie Hume-Lou Grant, Deadliest Season).
- Luc-Andre Marcel: composer.
- Beppie Nooij: Actress / director (Bluejackets-Rooie Sien).
- Marcel Migno: Royan EXecutives.
- Acadia National Park established (as Lafayette National Park), Maine.
- An act of the U.S. Congress establishes most of the Grand Canyon as a United States National Park (see Grand Canyon National Park).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Goodbye, France - Peerless Quartet
- Goodbye, France - Nora Bayes
- Would You Rather be a Colonel with an Eagle on Your Shoulder or a Private with a Chicken on Your Kne - Arthur Fields
- Don't Cry, Little Gril, Don't Cry - Henry Burr