Tuesday 14 January 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond G Murphy and Ernest Just Black biologist.
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1930 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Raymond G Murphy
- Ernest Just Black biologist: served as Vice President of American Zoologists.
- René Bonino: French runner, Olympic track and field champion.
- Edgar Sergeyi Hovhanesyan: Composer.
- Rene Bonino: France sport Champion.
- Kenny Wheeler: Canadian-English trumpet player and composer (Azimuth) (d. 2014).
- Raymond Murphy: American military.