Tuesday 14 January 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond G Murphy and Ernest Just Black biologist.
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1930 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Raymond G Murphy
- Ernest Just Black biologist: served as Vice President of American Zoologists.
- René Bonino: French runner, Olympic track and field champion.
- Edgar Sergeyi Hovhanesyan: Composer.
- Rene Bonino: France sport Champion.
- Kenny Wheeler: Canadian-English trumpet player and composer (Azimuth) (d. 2014).
- Raymond Murphy: American military.