Sunday 14 July 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc De Joybert and Woody Guthrie.
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while A Hoosier Chronicle by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1912 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Marc De Joybert: French naval officer, who participated in the Second World War before being promoted to Admiral and appointed Chief of Staff of the Navy in 1972.
- Woody Guthrie: American singer-songwriter and musician whose musical legacy includes hundreds of political, traditional and children's songs, ballads and improvised works.
- Yves Ezanno: Clamart Military man.
- de Joybert: Vienne Military man.
- Northrop Frye: Canadian philosopher and critic (d. 1991).
- Kenneth McArthur runs Olympic record marathon (2:36:54.8)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ragtime Cowboy Joe - Bob Roberts
- I'm Afraid, Pretty Maid, I'm Afraid - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?