Thursday 11 July 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Rocca and Sergiu Celibidache.
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while Their Yesterdays by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1912 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Sergiu Celibidache: Romanian conductor and composer (d. 1996).
- Robert Rocca: French singer, actor and comedian, who performed in cabarets, on radio and on television.
- William F Walsh: American politician (d. 2011).
- François Joux: French film and theatre actor.
- Francoois Joux: France Actor.
- Paul Bonnel: Bourges Military man.
- Maurice Perdrizet: Crest Military man.
- William Walsh: American captain and politician 48th Mayor of Syracuse (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lingering Love - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Ragging the Baby to Sleep - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?