Thursday 11 July 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergiu Celibidache and Robert Rocca.
Diamond Cut Diamond, directed by Darrell James Roodt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1912 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Robert Rocca: French singer, actor and comedian, who performed in cabarets, on radio and on television.
- Sergiu Celibidache: Romanian conductor and composer (d. 1996).
- Francoois Joux: France Actor.
- Paul Bonnel: Bourges Military man.
- William F Walsh: American politician (d. 2011).
- William Walsh: American captain and politician 48th Mayor of Syracuse (d. 2011).
- Maurice Perdrizet: Crest Military man.
- François Joux: French film and theatre actor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Afraid, Pretty Maid, I'm Afraid - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Ragtime Cowboy Joe - Bob Roberts