Tuesday 30 July 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne B Ridler and Anne Ridler.
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1912 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Anne B Ridler: British poetess (Who is my neighbor?).
- Anne Ridler: British poet, and Faber and Faber editor, selecting the Faber A Little Book of Modern Verse with T. S. Eliot (1941).
- Ren? Martin: Roscoff EXecutives.
- Emperor Meiji of Japan dies. He is succeeded by his son Yoshihito who becomes Emperor Taishō. In Japanese History, the event marks the end of the Meiji era and the beginning of the Taishō era.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh Mr. Dream Man (Please Let Me Dream Some More) - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?