Friday 19 July 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norman Carr .
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while A Hoosier Chronicle by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1912 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Norman Carr: British conservationist (d. 1997).
- In Holbrook, Arizona, USA 14,000 meteorite stones fall; no injuries reported.
- A meteorite with an estimated mass of 190 kg explodes over the town of Holbrook in Navajo County, Arizona causing approximately 16,000 pieces of debris to rain down on the town.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ragtime Cowboy Joe - Bob Roberts
- I'm Afraid, Pretty Maid, I'm Afraid - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?