Friday 12 July 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Broderick Vernon Chinnery-Haldane and Fred Urquhart.
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1912 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Broderick Vernon Chinnery-Haldane: Photographer.
- Fred Urquhart: Scottish short story writer.
- Rene Perrot: France Painter.
- 1st foreign feature film exhibited in US-Queen Elizabeth-NYC
- United States release of Sarah Bernhardt's film ''Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth'' is influential on the development of the movie feature. Adolf Zukor, who incorporates Paramount Pictures on May 8, 1914, launches his company as the distributor. Paramount celebrates its centennial in 2012.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lingering Love - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Ragging the Baby to Sleep - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?