Wednesday 24 July 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Ménager and P Rao.
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1912 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Jacques Ménager: French Catholic clergyman, who was the 107th Archbishop of Rheims.
- P Rao: Indian documentary filmmaker, art history book writer, art critic and former journalist for The Times of India.
- Wadje Vissers: Belgium sport Champion.
- Essie Summers: New Zealand author (d. 1998).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Lost Chord - Enrico Caruso
- The Last Shot Got Him (The Great Bloo-ie Song) - Eddie Morton
- Please Don't Take My Lovin' Man Away - Elsie Baker
- Whispering Hope - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
- Al Jolson - Snap Your Fingers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?