Saturday 14 September 1929US date format: 9/14/1929, UK date format: 14/9/1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Collins (writer) and Mel Hancock.
Diary of a Lost Girl, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1929 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Larry Collins (writer)
- John Gutfreund
- Mel Hancock: (Rep-R-Missouri).
- Hans Clarin: German actor who became a well-known voice actor of characters in children's audio plays, particularly the kobold Pumuckl (including its TV and cinematic film conversions) and the ghost Hui Buh.
- Larry Collins: American-French journalist historian and author (d. 2005).
- Maurice Vachon: French Canadian professional wrestler.
- 49th US Mens Tennis: Bill Tilden beats Francis Hunter (36 63 46 62 64)