Thursday 15 July 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Arthur Neill Lambert and John Graham.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1926 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- John Arthur Neill Lambert: Composer.
- John Graham: British ambassador to NATO.
- Driss Chraibi: Moroccan novelist (d. 2007).
- Jean Riston: Malz?ville EXecutives.
- Driss Chraïbi: Moroccan-French journalist and author (d. 2007).
- Leopoldo Galtieri: Argentinian general and politician 44th President of Argentina (d. 2003)
- Raymond Gosling: English physicist and academic (d. 2015)
- VPRO (Free thinking Protestant Radio Broadcast) forms
- BEST buses make their début in Bombay.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mary Lou - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- There's a Blue Ridge in My Heart, Virginia - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sugar - Ethel Waters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?