Thursday 15 January 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 15, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward "Sonny" and Frank Polozola.
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1942 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Edward "Sonny": Bivins; American singer (Manhattans - "Kiss and Say Goodbye").
- Frank Polozola: American academic and judge (d. 2013).
- Barbara Tarbuck: American actress.
- Melvin Winfield Sheppard: Runner (1908, 12 Olympics - Gold Medalist), dies at 58.
- Cubs, drop plans to install lights at Wrigley due to WWII
- FDR asks commissioner to continue baseball during WWII
- US President Franklin Roosevelt asks commissioner to continue baseball during war.