Saturday 15 July 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 15, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aníbal Cavaco Silva and Patrick Wayne.
Blondie Takes a Vacation, directed by Frank R. Strayer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1939 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Aníbal Cavaco Silva
- Patrick Wayne: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Rounder, Shirley, Beyond Atlantis).
- Don Kojis
- Anibal Cavaco Silva: Portuguese politician.
- Anibal Silva: Portuguese politician, elected President of the country on January 22, 2006.
- Sid Haig: Actor.
- Calixte Duguay: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Aníbal Silva: Portuguese economist and politician 19th President of the Portuguese Republic.
- Donald Kojis: Milwaukee sports Champions.
- Ronald Hadfield: Chief constable (West Midlands England).
- William David Hellerman: Composer.
- Clara Adams (NYC) is 1st woman to complete round world flight