Friday 15 May 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Pepys and Pierre Froidebise.
Caught in the Rain, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1914 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Pierre Froidebise: composer.
- Jack Pepys: immunologist.
- Jimmy Wasdell: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder played for the Washington Senators (1937–1940), Brooklyn Dodgers (1940–1941), Pittsburgh Pirates (1942–1943), Philadelphia Phillies (1943–1946), and Cleveland Indians (1946–1947).
- Turk Broda: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1972).
- Angus MacLean: Canadian farmer and politician 25th Premier of Prince Edward Island (d. 2000).
- Norrie Paramor: English composer producer and conductor (d. 1979).
- Henri Rabauds opera "Marouf, Savetier de Caire" premieres in Paris France.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Amor Mio (My Love) - Enrico Caruso
- O Sole Mio (My Sunshine) - Alan Turner