Saturday 15 September 1906US date format: 9/15/1906, UK date format: 15/9/1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Becker and Kathryn Murray.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1906 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Jacques Becker: French film director and screenwriter (Born 1906).
- Kathryn Murray: American dance teacher, the wife of Arthur Murray from 4/24/1925.
- Penny Singleton: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Voice (Jane Jetsons) / actress (Blondie).
- Walter Rollins: American songwriter (d. 1973).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Good Old U.S.A. - Byron G. Harlan
- Here it Comes Again - Bert Williams