Tuesday 25 September 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dmitri Shostakovich and Jaroslav Jezek.
while Coniston by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1906 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dmitri Shostakovich: Russian composer noted for his daring and experimental style.
- Jaroslav Jezek: Composer.
- Madeleine Bourdouxhe: Writer, dies at 89.
- Phyllis Pearsall: English painter cartographer and author (d. 1996).
- In the presence of the king and before a great crowd, Leonardo Torres Quevedo successfully demonstrates the invention of the Telekino in the port of Bilbao, guiding a boat from the shore, in what is considered the birth of the remote control.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where the River Shannon Flows - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?