Tuesday 25 September 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dmitri Shostakovich and Jaroslav Jezek.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1906 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dmitri Shostakovich: Russian composer noted for his daring and experimental style.
- Jaroslav Jezek: Composer.
- Madeleine Bourdouxhe: Writer, dies at 89.
- Phyllis Pearsall: English painter cartographer and author (d. 1996).
- In the presence of the king and before a great crowd, Leonardo Torres Quevedo successfully demonstrates the invention of the Telekino in the port of Bilbao, guiding a boat from the shore, in what is considered the birth of the remote control.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Belle of the Ball - Frank Stanley
- Good Old U.S.A. - J.W. Myers