Tuesday September 25, 1906
US date format: 9/25/1906, UK date format: 25/9/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 25, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dmitri Shostakovich and Jaroslav Jezek.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 25, 1906?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the presence of the king and before a great crowd, Leonardo Torres Quevedo successfully demonstrates the invention of the Telekino in the port of Bilbao, guiding a boat from the shore, in what is considered the birth of the remote control.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 25, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- J.W. Myers - Good Old U.S.A.
- Frank Stanley - The Belle of the Ball