Sunday 16 September 1906US date format: 9/16/1906, UK date format: 16/9/1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill and Annie Hermes.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1906 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Annie Hermes: Dutch singer.
- Jack Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill: Commando.
- Annie Hermès: Dutch opera singer.
- Korla Pandit: Indian or American entertainer with questionable ancestry and birth data, who presented himself as a turbaned Hindu organist.
- Maurice Sachs: French writer, essayist and one-time Roman Catholic priest.
- Jack Churchill: Sri Lankan-English colonel (d. 1996).
- Kaarlo Nieminen wins 1st Finnish marathon
- Roald Amundsen discovers the Magnetic South Pole.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Good Old U.S.A. - Byron G. Harlan
- Here it Comes Again - Bert Williams