Friday 21 September 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick De Marney and Henry Beachell.
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1906 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Derrick De Marney: London, England -- Actor (Inheritance).
- Henry Beachell: American biologist and botanist (d. 2006).
- Samuel Arnold: English organist and composer (d. 1802).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Here it Comes Again - Bert Williams
- The Good Old U.S.A. - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?