Sunday 30 September 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eamonn O Gallagher and John I M Stewart.
while The Jungle by Upton Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1906 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Eamonn O Gallagher: Composer.
- John I M Stewart: British detective writer (Comedy of Terrors).
- Michael John Innes Mackintosh Stewart Innes: Writer.
- Mireille : French composer and educator.
- John Stewart: Scottish Scottish writer, literary critic and educator; a novelist who, under the pseudonym "Michael Innes" wrote close to 50 books centered around the character of Inspector John Appleby.
- Mireille Hartuch: French singer-songwriter and actress (d. 1996)
- The Real Academia Galega, Galician language's biggest linguistic authority, starts working in Havana.
- The first Gordon Bennett Cup in ballooning is held, starting in Paris. The winning team, piloting the balloon ''United States'', lands in Fylingdales, Yorkshire, England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good Old U.S.A. - J.W. Myers
- The Belle of the Ball - Frank Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?