Sunday 15 September 1907US date format: 9/15/1907, UK date format: 15/9/1907
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 15, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fay Wray and Alfred Delp.
Die Lustige Witwe, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1907 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Fay Wray: American actress, most noted for her...
- Alfred Delp: German Jesuit priest, member of the...
- Solomon Asch: American psychologist (Born 1907).
- Jack Bailey: Hampton, Iowa -- TV host (Queen for a...
- Gunnar Ekelof: Swedish poet and writer (d. 1968).
- Gunnar Ekelöf: Swedish poet and author (d. 1968).
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Waiting at the Church (My Wife Won't Let Me) - Vesta Victoria
- Harrigan - Billy Murray