Friday 16 August 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lesley Ann Warren and Stephen Peck.
Black Beauty, directed by Max Nosseck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1946 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Lesley Ann Warren
- Stephen Peck: American producer and noted family, the second son of Gregory Peck and Greta Konen.
- Massoud Barzani: Iraqi Kurdish politician.
- Masoud Barzani: Iranian-Kurdish politician President of Iraqi Kurdistan.
- Jimmy Webb: Composer.
- Lesley Warren: American actress and singer.
- Dick Murdoch: American professional wrestler (Born 1946).
- Lesley Ann Warren in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Cinderella, Mission Impossible).
- Herman Harrell Horne: Philosopher (idealism).
- Great Calcutta blood bath - Moslem / Hindu riot (3-4,000 die)
- he Kurdistan Democratic Party is founded in South Kurdistan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- South America, Take it Away - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra (Vocal Buddy Clark)
- Blue Skies - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Art Lund)
- Pretending - Andy Russell
- Modernaires & Paula Kelly - To Each His Own
- Give Me Five Minutes More - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra