Saturday 4 May 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Brown and Cyriel Van Overberghe.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1912 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Lou Brown: Brooklyn, New York -- Orchestra leader (Jerry Lewis Show).
- Cyriel Van Overberghe: Belgium sport Champion.
- Italian mariners occupy Turkish Island of Rhodes.
- Italy occupies the Greek island of Rhodes.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come to the Ball - Henry Burr
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps