Sunday June 16, 1907
US date format: 6/16/1907, UK date format: 16/6/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 16, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jack Albertson and Marc Eemans.
Cohen's Fire Sale, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 16, 1907?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 16, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - No Wedding Bells for Me
- Harry Macdonough - The Tale The Church Bell Tolled