Friday 28 June 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 28, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul-Emile Victor and Maurice Novarina.
That Fatal Sneeze, directed by Lewin Fitzhamon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1907!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1907 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Paul-Emile Victor: Swiss ethnologist, the founder, organizer and director of French Arctic and Antarctic expeditions.
- Maurice Novarina: French architect best known for having designed the church of Notre-Dame de Toute Grâce du Plateau d'Assy.
- James Silver: American historian, author of Mississippi: The Closed Society (1964), and professor at the University of Mississippi and later at the University of Notre Dame (1965-1969) and the University of South Florida (1970-1982).
- Lucien Paye: Vernoil le Fourrier Politician.
- Odd Bull: Norwegian career officer in the Royal Norwegian Air Force who eventually rose to the position of Chief of Air Staff.
- Emily Perry: English actress and dancer (d. 2008).
- Jimmy Mundy: American saxophonist and composer (d. 1983).
- Marcel Lobet: Belgian writer, journalist.
- Nationals steal a record 13 bases off catcher Branch Rickey
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Go to Housekeeping - Cal Stewart
- Panama Rag Two-Step - Vess Ossman
- No Wedding Bells for Me - Bob Roberts
- That Welcome Mat Ain't Out for Me - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- My Irish Rosie - J.W. Myers