Monday 16 June 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Cowlings and -minu.
The Perils of Pauline, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1947 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Al Cowlings
- -minu: Swiss columnist and writer.
- Allen Cowlings: American athlete, football player on the same team with his pal O.J.
- Gregory Heitzmann: Canadian astronomer and astrologer.
- Robert LeRoy: American homosexual; died of AIDS on February 9, 1994 in Inyokern, CA.
- Alain Aspect: Physicist.
- Tom Malone: American trombonist composer and producer (The Blues Brothers and CBS Orchestra).
- Buddy Roberts: American wrestler (d. 2012).
- Tom Wyner: English-American voice actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Günther Kaufmann: German actor and singer (d. 2012).
- Jean-Francois Capart: Belgian egyptologist (Memphis), dies at 86.
- Pravda denounces Marshall Plan
- Soviet news service Pravda denounces American Marshall Plan.
- First network news - Dumont's News from Washington.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Clark Dennis
- Three Suns - Peg O' My Heart