Tuesday 16 July 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Stanwyck and Orville Redenbacher.
That Fatal Sneeze, directed by Lewin Fitzhamon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 July 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1907!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1907 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Barbara Stanwyck: American actress nominated four times for the Oscar, for "Stella Dallas," 1937, "Ball Of Fire," 1941, "Double Indemnity," 1944 and "Sorry, Wrong Number," 1948.
- Carmelo Larrea: Spanish songwriter and musician.
- Orville Redenbacher: American entrepreneur, the king of popcorn.
- Jean Vaissier: French military aviator, who died on 30 December 1994.
- Maurice Bouladoux: Parthenay Politician.
- Frances Horwich: American educator and television personality (d. 2001).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kiss, Kiss, Kiss (If You Want to Learn to Kiss) - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Nobody's Little girl - Byron G. Harlan