Tuesday 16 March 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothea Binz and Leo McKern.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1920 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Dorothea Binz: Nazi war criminal (Born 1920).
- Leo McKern: Australian-English actor (d. 2002).
- Leo McKern Sydney Australia actor (Blue Lagoon: Help, Mouse that Roared).
- John Addison: Surrey, England -- Composer (Tom Jones - Academy Award).
- Sid Fleischman: American author and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Traudl Junge: German secretary to Adolf Hitler (d. 2002).
- 1 Acre Park also known as Baby Park in the Bronx renamed Melrose Park.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet