Friday 16 March 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Dixon and Ozzie Newsome.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Forbidden Planet, directed by Fred McLeod Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Eloise by Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boomtown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 March 1956 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Michael Dixon: English zoologist and curator.
- Ozzie Newsome: American football player and manager.
- Clifton Powell: American actor director and producer.
- Joseph John Richards: Composer, dies at 77.
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Hayes A Jenkins
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Tenley Albright.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?