Saturday 16 November 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Renée Saint-Cyr and Burgess Meredith.
The Eleventh Hour, directed by John Lyde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1907!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1907 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Renée Saint-Cyr
- Burgess Meredith: Actor (Penguin-Batman, Rocky), dies at 88.
- Meredith : American character actor, director, writer and producer of plays whose early credits included "Hamlet" and "MacBeth," and who became known in later years for such film roles as Rocky Balboa's crusty manager.
- Etienne Durruty: France sport Champion.
- Henri Caillemer: Grenoble Writer.
- Oklahoma becomes 46th US state.
- Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory join to form Oklahoma, that is admitted as the 46th U.S. state.
- Cunard Line's RMS Mauretania, sister ship of RMS Lusitania, sets sail on her maiden voyage from Liverpool, England to New York City.