Sunday 16 November 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joep J P de Boer and William Bennett.
Isn't Life Wonderful, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1924 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Joep J P de Boer: Dutch MP (CDA).
- William Bennett: American business partner and operations administrator, CEO of K Mart.
- Mel Patton: American runner, Olympic track and field gold medal champion.
- Melvin Patton: Los Angeles sports Champions.
- Sam Farber: American businessman co-founded OXO (d. 2013).
- Edward Everett Rice: Composer, dies at 75.
- Cleveland Bulldogs lose to Frankford Yellowjackets, ends 31-game undefeated streak (NFL and major-league football record).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 November 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Deep in My Heart - Franklyn Baur
- Charley, My Boy - Eddie Cantor
- I Wonder What's Become of Sally? - Ted Lewis & His Band
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?