Tuesday 18 November 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Ertaud and Alexander Stuart.
The Lighthouse by the Sea, directed by Malcolm St. Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1924 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Jacques Ertaud: French film maker, one of the most famous and prolific TV directors.
- Alexander Stuart: Scottish jurist, the Queen's Counsel 1963 and later, a High Court Judge.
- Alexander Mackenzie Stuart: Scottish jurist (d. 2000).
- Les Lye: Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 2009).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Me You'll Forgive Me - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Elliott Shaw)
- Lonely Little Melody - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra