Thursday 27 November 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaston Compère and Theresa R van der Pant.
Greed, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1924 ?
Famous Birthdays:27 November
- 57,000 watch a high school football game in Las Angeles, California, USA.
- In New York City, the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held.
- A Soviet-backed communist coup attempt fails in Estonia.
- George Gershwin's ''Lady Be Good'' and ''Fascinating Rhythm'' (book by Guy Bolton and Fred Thompson, lyrics by Ira Gershwin) premiere in New York, NY.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Me You'll Forgive Me - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Elliott Shaw)
- Lonely Little Melody - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?