Saturday 8 November 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Flynn in Youngstown and Raymond Famechon.
He Who Gets Slapped, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1924 ?
- Joe Flynn in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; actor (McHale's Navy).
- Raymond Famechon: French boxer in a family of three brothers who were all pro boxers.
- Joe Flynn: American actor, comedian and vaudevillian who made the transition into movie and TV.
- Leonard Nathan: American poet, critic, and professor emeritus of rhetoric at the University of California, Berkeley where he retired in 1991.
- Yves Leroux-Dupeyron: Montpellier EXecutives.
- Johnny Bower: Canadian ice hockey player and soldier
- Robert Hogg: American statistician and academic (d. 2014)
- Victorinus Kong-hi: South Korean archbishop
- Austria chancellor Ignaz Seipel, resigns after assassination attempt
- Fortune Theatre opens in London
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- John Henry Blues - Fiddlin' John Carson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?