Thursday 20 November 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 20, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benoît Mandelbrot and Benoit Mandelbrot.
The Lighthouse by the Sea, directed by Malcolm St. Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 November 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1924 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Benoît Mandelbrot: Polish-born, French and American mathematician, noted for developing a "theory of roughness" and "self-similarity" in nature and the field of fractal geometry to help prove it, which included coining the word "fractal".
- Benoit Mandelbrot: Polish-American mathematician and economist (d. 2010).
- Henk Vredeling: Dutch agronomist and politician Dutch Minister of Defence (d. 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Me You'll Forgive Me - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Elliott Shaw)
- Lonely Little Melody - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra