Saturday 29 November 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Freilicher and Charles Mower.
Romola, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Plastic Age by Percy Marks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1924 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Jane Freilicher: American painter and poet (d. 2014).
- Charles Mower: American sergeant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1944).
- Giacomo Puccini: Italian opera composer of bold and dramatic harmonies, creator of the famous "Madame Butterfly" which he composed in 1904.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where the Dreamy Wabash Flows - Irving Kaufman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?